LAST BASIC COURSE WAS May 5+6 . 27 PASSED!!
Basic Amateur Radio Licensing Course Oct 20+21 2018 Saturday 9-5pm, Sunday 1pm to 3pm Location: 5725 Tyson Rd. Chilliwack
ADVANCED COURSE Oct 23,30 Nov 6,13,20,27
|OCT 23- N0V 27 2018|
If you have made payment, you are in the course.
We have two courses up coming. For the basic course see the details below. For the ADVANCED COURSE , you will learn advanced radio theory, electronic designs, antenna and feedline, digital modes, and repeater operations. In order to take this course, you must hold a current BASIC qualification. This course will take approximately six weeks on Tuesday evenings between 7PM and 9PM. Course fees include the study guide, exam fee, and membership in the Chilliwack Amateur Radio Club. If you want to learn more about amateur radio, operate a repeater, run high power, or sponsor a club station, this is the course for you.
FOR THE BASIC COURSE, you will need to select three (3) available call signs for your Radio licence application in case one becomes unavailable before your application is processed. To check for Available Call Signs click here To see who a Call sign is issued to click here
Please pay for your course as early as possible to guarantee yourself a seat. You can use a Credit Card buy using the “Buy it Now” Button and select ” Don’t Have a PayPal Account? “
Once you have paid for the course you are automatically registered. For info and registration Inquires please use our contact form.
Learn how to use Ham Radio when going 4×4 off road to track your friends using APRS, GPS Radio Gear.
- Operate D-Star using VE7RCK D-Star Repeater explore the world using a Handheld radio.
- Work the CHWK Club HF Station to talk to Hams all over the world
There are no prerequisites other than a desire to study and work hard for a one weekend. You will study for your Basic Certification, you need 70 percent to pass the basic and 80 percent or higher to earn a Basic plus Honors to operate on the HF Bands. Course components on the Saturday class reviews the study guide and take small tests after each chapter. The entire study guide is reviewed by the end of the day Saturday. The students go home and study the guide over night and Sunday morning, returning by 1:00 pm to take the written multiple choice exam. Your exam will be marked immediately after you write the test, with the results given to you on the spot. If you passed you will fill out an application form and select 3-call signs in order of your most desired to least.Industry Canada publishes a number of highly relevant publications such as the examination question bank, and a number of important regulations. Click here to view them.
- $95.00 for an individual
- $55.00 Cadet or Youth Club members
- $45.00 Youth under 10 years of age
- $20 for an extra printed study guide
- No refunds if the course is not taken, ($75.00 Credit towards a future course if you are unable to attend)
- 1-Year membership to the Chilliwack Amateur Radio Club
- 1-Year eTCA RAC membership to Radio Amateurs Canada
- Examination fees included for the Basic Test, and 2 REWRITES if required within 6 months of class
- Free mobile antenna and radio equipment testing by a qualified member
- Instructors: Paul VA7LLB, Ken VE7JU, Glenn VE7MXT
- Examiner: Ken VE7JU