LAST COURSE WAS MAY 27+28 2017 … All 15 PASSED!!
Course Name: Basic Amateur Radio Licensing Course. Date: November 18/19 2017 Saturday 9am to 5pm Sunday 1pm, no later than 3pm Location: 5725 Tyson rd Chilliwack.
If you have made payment, you are in the course.
You will need to select three (3) available call signs for your Radio licence application in case one becomes unavailable before your application is processed. To check for Available Call Signs
Please pay for your course as early as possible to guarantee yourself a seat. You can use a Credit Card buy using the “Buy it Now” Button and select ” Don’t Have a PayPal Account? “
Once you have paid for the course you are automatically registered. For info and registration Inquires please use our contact form.
Learn how to use Ham Radio when going 4×4 off road to track your friends using APRS, GPS Radio Gear.
- Operate Dstar using VE7RCK Dstar Repeater explore the world using a Handheld radio.
- Work the CHWK Club HF Station to talk to Hams all over the world
There are no prerequisites other than a desire to study and work hard for a one weekend. You will study for your Basic Certification, you need 70 percent to pass the basic and 80 percent or higher to earn a Basic plus Honors to operate on the HF Bands. Course components on the Saturday class reviews the study guide and take small tests after each chapter. The entire study guide is reviewed by the end of the day Saturday. The students go home and study the guide over night and Sunday morning, returning by 1:00 pm to take the written multiple choice exam.Your exam will be marked immediately after you write the test, with the results given to you on the spot. If you passed you will fill out an application form and select 3-call signs in order of your most desired to least.Industry Canada publishes a number of highly relevant publications such as the examination question bank, and a number of important regulations. Click here to view them.
- $95.00 for an individual
- $55.00 Cadet or Youth Club members
- $45.00 Youth under 10 years of age
- $20 for an extra printed study guide
- No refunds if the course is not taken, ($75.00 Credit towards a future course if you are unable to attend)
- 1-Year membership to the Chilliwack Amateur Radio Club
- 1-Year eTCA RAC membership to Radio Amateurs Canada
- Examination fees included for the Basic Test, and 2-rewrites if required
- Free mobile antenna and radio equipment testing by a qualified member
- Instructors Paul VA7LLB and Ken VE7JU